Your restaurant can be the perfect breeding ground for mold. The kitchen is often steamy and wet. Under the right conditions, mold can grow under the sink, behind your appliances, or on the ceiling and walls. Mold is a health hazard in a restaurant, and you don't want it found during a surprise health inspection. Instead, stay alert for signs of mold and call in experts when you need to have it removed. Here are some signs your restaurant might have a mold problem, and what a mold removal company can do to help.
When To Suspect A Mold Problem In Your Restaurant
The odor of mildew is a strong clue that there is dampness and mold in your restaurant. You don't want customers to smell mildew because that could drive them away since people tend to have a dislike and fear of mold. You also don't want to cover up the odor since that could smell even worse. You want your customers to smell the delicious foods you have cooking instead.
Another sign you might have mold is if you detect water damage on the ceiling or wall. When you see discolored wet spots, you know there is dampness, and when there's dampness, there's usually mold too. Another time you may want to have your restaurant checked for mold is after there has been a water leak or flood. When the damage has been repaired, and your restaurant dried out, you'll want to make sure no mold is growing in a space you can't see.
How A Mold Removal Company Can Help
One thing a mold removal company can do is find areas in your restaurant that are too humid or wet. This might be done with meters that detect moisture. The company might also use a scope to look behind walls for the presence of mold or to look inside ducts. Once areas of mold have been spotted, the mold removal company can remove the mold when possible or clean it up when necessary. This might involve cleaning out the air ducts to get rid of a mildew odor or removing drywall and patching it with new material. Generally, anything made of fabric, such as upholstered chairs and curtains, will probably be thrown out, although the mold removal company will discuss options with you first. Hard surfaces such as ducts and tile flooring can be scrubbed and sanitized.
This work will be done safely to prevent the spread of mold and to prevent contamination of your food. Your restaurant may also need to be deodorized afterwards so that it smells fresh and clean. To learn more, contact a company like All Dry Water Damage Experts.Share